Blackened Salmon Salad with Berries and Pecans
For the Salad:
- 8 oz or 1 piece of Catch Sitka Seafoods Salmon (King, Coho or Keta work perfectly).
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Smoked Chili Rub & Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil
- 2 C of Spinach
- 2 C Berries (Raspberries and Blackberries)
- 1/2 C Pecans
For the Dressing:
For the Salmon:
- 2-4 King, Coho, or Keta Catch Sitka Seafoods fillets, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 1-2 tsp. Cajun Blackening Seasoning (If you don't have this on hand you can mix together in a jar the following: 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika, 3/4 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. oregano, & 1/8-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper. Save the leftovers in your spice cabinet)
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
Rub salmon generously with seasoning. Heat olive oil in skillet to medium-high and sauté salmon skin side up for 2-3 minutes. Flip salmon and sauté for 2 more minutes. Salmon should be flaky and moist.
On a platter arrange spinach, berries and pecans. Using a fork, flake salmon and arrange on top of salad.
Whisk ingredients for dressing and drizzle over salad. Enjoy!