Broiled Spicy Mayo Salmon
This recipe uses a tried and true method to cook salmon. First, we bake the salmon then finish it under the broiler. The mayonnaise mix acts as a barrier, preventing the salmon from drying out and as it reduces, the salmon absorbs the sriracha notes. The result is a succulent piece of fish that melts in your mouth and has a bit of a spicy flair that you'd find in your favorite sushi restaurant.
For the Filling:
- 1 pound Catch Sitka salmon, thawed and rinsed lightly
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1.5 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Extra chopped green onions and chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet, pat it dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper and set aside while preparing the aioli.
- Make the mayo mix: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, green onions, sriracha, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the salmon. You may have a little leftover, but make sure the salmon is covered. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork and is cooked through. If using King salmon, bake it for 9 to 10 minutes.
- After 8 minutes turn on the broiler and place the salmon about 6 inches from the heat. Broil for about 2 minutes, or until the salmon is golden on top. Serve the salmon with chopped cilantro and extra scallions.
Enjoy & Best Fishes!
Recipe courtesy of: @StarInfiniteFood