Coconut Prawns with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
For The Coconut Prawns:
- 1 lb Wild Alaskan Spot Prawns, peeled with tails left on
- 2 tsp Catch Sitka Pacific Flake Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp Chipotle Lime Rub & Seasoning (or your favorite chili powder)
- 1 C Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 C Panko
- 1/4 C Cilantro, Chopped
- Lemon Wedges, to serve
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce, to serve
- 2 tsp Water
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 6 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 tsp Chili Verde Flake Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Pat prawns dry with paper towels; season with sea salt.Create a breading station with three shallow bowls.
- In the first bowl add the flour, the second bowl combine the egg whites with the Chipotle Lime Rub & Seasoning, and in the third bowl combine the shredded coconut and panko.
- Dip each prawn in the flour, then egg whites, then panko and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10- 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan over high heat whisk together the water and cornstarch until the corn starch is no longer lumpy. Then add the ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, and juice. Bring to a boil and let sauce reduce about 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, lemon wedges, and Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce.
Enjoy & Best Fishes!
Recipe courtesy of our friends at Olivelle (@OlivelleFineFoods) check them out for the best oils, vinegars, and seasonings available.