Easy Peasy Salmon Picatta
Our amazing friend, Caitlin Greene with Star Infinite Food (@StarInfiniteFood on Instagram) made a delectable dish with our coho fillets! It also just happens to be a 15 minute, one pot meal! She suggests soaking up all the delicious sauce with veggies, pasta, rice, or a hunk of crusty bread! Or if you're like us, all of the above, ha!
- 4 portions of Catch Sitka Seafoods Coho Salmon
- Sea salt & pepper
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs Butter or Ghee
- Zest from 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 C Chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. Cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 3 Tbs. Capers
- Parsley to garnish
- Pat salmon dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high in a cast iron skillet, place salmon skin side up on the pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and set on a plate.
- Add butter or ghee to the pan, then add lemon zest, salt, pepper, broth, cornstarch, and capers. Whisk together and bring to a simmer.
- Add salmon back to the pan, spoon the sauce over the filets. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, just until salmon is cooked through. Garnish with parsley!