Grilled Halibut with Smoked Garlic Puttanesca Sauce
This is a hearty and delicious recipe our friend Danielle over at @DivaQBBQ made using Catch Sitka Halibut, grilled to perfection, and a smoky satisfying sauce all atop a bed of noodles and sauteed veggies.
"Clean waters mean cleaner fish - much better for you - starting with a better product is a great idea."
Let us know if you try this recipe and share with us your twist!
- 4 pieces of Catch Sitka Seafoods Halibut
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- 8 Anchovies Packed in Oil
- 1/2 C Sliced Manzanilla Olives
- 2 Tbsp Minced fresh garlic
- 2 Smoked garlic bulbs
- 3 Tbsp Drained capers
- 1 Tbsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 C Packed Basil leaves
- Salt/Pepper to taste
For the Halibut:
- Grill at 350F on butcher paper (spray with non stick spray) until the internal temperature reaches 130F. Really important - Don't overcook your fish. Keep it moist and succulent!
For the Pasta:
- In a large sauce pan add olive oil, minced garlic, anchovies and red pepper flakes. Simmer on low.
- In a small bowl mash smoked garlic cloves to to make a paste and add to olive oil mixture.
- Continue to simmer on low for 20-30 minutes and continue to mash garlic and anchovies to break them up.
- Bring to a simmer and add in olives, capers, tomato paste, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Simmer for 45 min - 1 hour. Add in basil and stir.
- Serve over halibut, atop sauteed baby bok choy or your choice of pasta.