Issam and I love this recipe, so we make it often. We like to vary the type of olives we use and the vegetables we put underneath. There is always tapenade left over, so if we have any salmon left (we usually don't) then the next day we flake the leftover salmon, mix in the tapenade and a little mayo, and enjoy on crackers or toast.
For the Salmon:
- Any species Catch Sitka Seafoods salmon
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive or Avocado Oil
For the Olive Tapenade:
- 1 C. pitted olives (we like Castelvetrano) finely chopped.
- Juice of half of a lemon.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1/4 C. finely minced shallots.
- 1/3 C. quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper (more to taste)
- Season your salmon fillet generously with sea salt & pepper.
- Put a small amount of olive oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pan, follow the time & temperature sautéing guide included in your Catch Sitka Seafoods box.
- Always put fish in your pan, flesh side down, first.
- For King Salmon add 2-3 minutes to the cooking time on the skin side.
- Add all other ingredients to a bowl and mix together, conversely, you may use a food processor or blender.
- Top the fish with the olive tapenade.
- Serving suggestions: rice, pasta, steamed, roasted, or grilled veggies.
*Shown over caramelized roasted carrots with thyme.