Smoked Black Cod Eggs Benedict with Asian Hollandaise Sauce
Looking for a fun twist on the traditional? Look no further than the delicious combination of our one of a kind umami infused Smoked Black Cod and our incredible take on Hollandaise sauce with a special Asian twist.
For the Asian Hollandaise Sauce:
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp. Warm Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sriracha Balsamic Vinegar by Olivelle (You may sub 1/2 tsp Sriracha & 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice)
- 1/2 C Olive Oil (We like to use the Cilantro or Roasted Shallot Infused Olive Oil from Olivelle)
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos or Soy Sauce
For the Smoked Black Cod Eggs Benedict:
- 1 Pkg Catch Sitka Seafoods Smoked Black Cod - torn into pieces
- 4 Poached Eggs
- 1 C Spinach - or - 4 slices Toast
- 1/2 Red Pepper, sliced thin into rings
- 1/4 C Chopped Cilantro
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Sriracha to taste
For the Hollandaise:
- Place egg yolks, salt, & warm water into a blender. Pulse until well combined and yolks appear lighter in color. Add Sriracha Balsamic and pulse until combined again.
- Next, set blender to low speed and slowly add in oil, one drop at a time at the beginning then gradually building to a very thin stream. Your sauce will start to emulsify and thicken.
- Keep blender running and add Coconut Aminos or Soy Sauce to taste. If your sauce gets too thick, add more water; too thin, add more oil.
For the Poached Eggs:
- Poached eggs: bring water to boiling and add 1 tsp. vinegar to the water, reduce to a very slight simmer.
- To cook one egg at a time: stir the water quickly to create a vortex, add the egg directly in the center of the vortex. To cook up to four eggs at a time: simply drop each egg into the water directly, do not stir.
- Cook for egg(s) for four minutes.
- Remove and add eggs to an oiled plate until ready to serve.
For the Eggs Benedict:
- Add Spinach or Toast to your plate, top with Red Pepper rings and shredded Smoked Black Cod.
- Place Poached Eggs onto nest, drizzle desired amount of Asian Hollandaise sauce, and top with Sea Salt & Pepper, Sriracha, and Cilantro.