Spot Prawns with Cheddar Jalapeno Grits
A luxurious grit dish made with our delicious spot prawns from our dear friend Danielle Bennett with Diva Q (@DivaBBQ on Instagram)! We absolutely love new ways to spice up our dishes and this one has just enough heat and the perfect amount of comfort all combined in one dish. Bring on the heat!
Danielle has a lot more delicious recipes on her website, check them out at DivaQ.ca!
For the Grits:
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- 2 C Whole Milk
- 2 Fresh Jalapenos, cut in half (seeds removed)
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno, finely diced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 C Sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt to taste
For the Prawns:
- 1 lb Catch Sitka Seafoods Spot Prawns, cleaned
- 2 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 C White Wine
- In a 3 QT pot bring the heavy cream milk and halved jalapenos to a simmer.
- Add in grits and black pepper. Stir to combine and cover. Continue to cook on a very low simmer for 30-40 minutes. Stir the grits every 10 minutes until they are thick and creamy.
- Add in cheese stir to melt and season with salt to taste.
- Preheat grill to 500F. Place cast iron pan on the grill, add 2 TBSP unsalted butter and 1/4 C white wine. Bring to a simmer. Add 1 lb. spot prawns, season with salt and pepper.
- Turn prawns over after 2-3 minutes. When they are just opaque, remove immediately.
- Serve with grits and drizzle on pan juices, and top with finely diced jalapenos.