Wild Alaskan Rockfish Fish Nuggets
These nuggets are crunchy, spicy, and satisfying. If you haven’t tried rockfish before it’s so delicious and almost has a lobster-like taste and texture. You can find it in the Wild Alaskan Whitefish Harvest box!
No Rockfish? No worries, you can use any of our Wild Alaskan Whitefish here.
For a kid friendly version, leave out the Old Bay.
- 2 6 - 8oz. portions Catch Sitka Rockfish
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 TBS. Baking Powder
- Oil of choice for frying, we suggest Peanut.
- Lemon wedges, for squeezing over the top.
- Start out by cutting your fish into bite size pieces. Pat dry and mix spices listed above (all except baking powder and oil) and season the fish. Do not over salt.
- Place the seasoned fish in a zip top gallon bag. Add 1 tablespoon of baking powder (We used double acting) give the bag a vigorous shake until the fish is evenly coated. The baking powder will give you a perfect light crunchy coating but it does contain sodium which is why we advise not over salting.
- In a pan heat oil of choice to medium high heat and fry on each side for 4-5 mins or until crispy and fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon.
Enjoy & Best Fishes!
Thank you to Jasmine Lee @healthwithjasmine for the recipe and photo!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Rockfish with Peppers and Onions!