Wild Alaskan Salmon Cakes
A delicious spin on our Wild Alaskan line-caught King or Coho Salmon. This recipe works great with our Halibut as well! Try it tonight and make extra to freeze for easy weeknight dinners!
- 2 LBS salmon, skinless and boneless-roughly chop
- 1 large onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumb-size fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2-4 Tbsp Panko or GF crumbs- optional.
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped parsley.
- 1 Tbsp dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp hot sauce of choice or 1-2tsp of powdered cayenne--or season to heat you enjoy. I like heat so I always adjust up. I remember when I couldn’t tolerate any heat!!
- 1 tbsp Organic, mayo—optional.
- Pinch of pepper
- Use a food processor to pulse salmon into smaller chunks- don’t overdo it or have a salmon paste.
- Chop onions, cook down a bit, add in garlic and ginger, and cook till lightly brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, 2T of Panko crumbs, and form into small patties. Use the rest of Panko crumbs to cover the outside of the cakes.
- Create a test patty to cook so you can see if you have the spices suitable for your tastebuds.
- Warm and lightly oil pan- cook patties for about 3 min on each side ( fish cooks quickly)
- Cook till golden brown.
Enjoy & Best Fishes!
Recipe courtesy of Unique Hammond