Zesty Fish Tacos
Another delicious fish taco recipe! Can you ever really have too many? Our friends over at Olivelle really whipped up a fiesta on a plate with this one!
Let us know if you try this recipe and share with us your twist!
- 8 - mini tortillas
- 3 - 6 to 8 oz. Catch Sitka Seafoods Halibut, Lingcod, or Rockfish fillets
- 4 Tbs. - Sicilian Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. - Sweet Smoked Chili Rub (or 2 tsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. sugar)
- 1 tsp. - Lime Fresco Sea Salt (or Sea Salt with 1 tsp Lime zest)
- 1 C - Cucumber Slaw, ingredients below:
- 1 Tbs. - Honey
- 1/4 C - Cucumber White Balsamic vinegar (or White Balsamic)
- 1/4 C - Sicilian Lemon Infused Olive Oil (or Olive Oil with Lemon zest)
- 1 tsp. - Lime Fresco Sea Salt ( or Sea Salt with 1 tsp. Lime zest)
- 1/4 tsp. - Fresh ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Small Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Small Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 1/2 English Cucumber, seeds removed and julienne cut
- Zest of 1/2 a Lemon
- Cilantro for garnishing
- 1 Tbs. - Lemon Juice
- In a resealable bag or bowl combine fish, 3 Tbs. olive oil, seasoning & salt. Let sit at least 30 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Meanwhile make the Cucumber Slaw
- In a large bowl whisk together the honey and vinegar. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking. Add salt and pepper.
- Toss remaining ingredients with dressing. Serve immediately or store overnight in the fridge for a more pickled slaw.
- Drizzle a fry pan with remaining 1 Tbs. of oil and saute fillets until cooked through. See the Catch Sitka Time and Temperature Cooking Guide for cooking times for the species you are using.
- Assemble fish and slaw in a warmed tortilla.
- Finish with cilantro and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Enjoy & Best Fishes,