Swiss-chard wrapped Rockfish Skewers
Elevate delicious, light and flaky Wild Alaskan Rockfish with a simple wrap of swiss chard, skewer and grill. Plates beautifully, but is oh so quick and easy!
- 24 oz. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 Swiss chard leaves
- 4 skinless Wild Alaskan rockfish fillets (4 oz. each)
- 16-18 bamboo skewers (6-inches in length)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Seasoning blend made of 2 tsp each: cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper
- 8 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup each chopped fresh oregano and dill
- 3/4 cup chopped lemon verbena OR zest of 2 lemons
Blend all ingredients for sauce. Refrigerate sauce until needed.
Bring pot of water to boil. When boiling, submerge chard leaves for 5 seconds, then transfer leaves to a bowl of ice water for 30 seconds. Remove leaves and pat dry with clean paper towels.
Season rockfish with seasoning blend. Wrap rockfish fillet tightly in two chard leaves. Place 4 to 5 skewers evenly into the side of the fillet, then cut the fillet into portions in between the skewers. Heat oil in an extra-large (12”) large sauté pan. Place skewers in pan (fish side down) and cook just until fish is opaque throughout, approximately 7 to 10 minutes; turning skewers over halfway through cooking time.
Mix quinoa with remaining herbs and lemon verbena/zest. Serve quinoa and sauce with rockfish skewers.