Wild Alaskan Salmon with Garlic-Basil Mushroom Cream Sauce
This one-pan meal is ready in 30 minutes or less and provides a Wild-Alaskan protein and omega-3 punch! Oh, did we mention it's also Dairy-free, Paleo, & Whole-30 approved. We like to keep things healthy, easy & delicious!
- 2 portions Catch Sitka Wild Alaskan King or Coho Salmon
- 1 15.5 ounce Can lite coconut milk
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 C basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 C bone broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Rinse the salmon in cold running water, pat completely dry and season with salt/pepper.
- Heat oil over medium in a pan, then add salmon (skin side up) for 4 minutes (don’t move), then flip and cook another 4 minutes. Remove onto a plate.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan, sauté for 3 minutes (until softened), then add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and basil leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add salmon back and simmer for about 5-8 minutes until sauce is slightly reduced and salmon fully cooked.
Enjoy & Best Fishes!
This Recipe is Courtesy of the Incredible Caitlin Green of Star Infinite Food, @StarInfiniteFood on Instagram